jeudi 3 avril 2008

An order for morning prayer during Easter time

The following order for morning prayer was prepared by Yvette Milosevic for morning prayer on Thursday, 3rd April, 2008 in the Ecumenical Centre Geneva

Leader: O Lord open our lips
All: And our mouth shall show forth your praise.
Leader: O God make speed to save us.
All: O Lord make haste to help us
Leader: O God show your mercy upon us.
All: And grant us your salvation.
Leader: This is the day which our Lord has made.
All: Let us all rejoice and be glad in it.

Sing Thuma Mina 6

PSALM 16:
1 Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.
2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."
3 As for the saints who are in the land,
they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.
4 The sorrows of those will increase
who run after other gods.
I will not pour out their libations of blood
or take up their names on my lips.
5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
11 You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

READING: Acts 2: 14a, 22-32

Sing Thuma Mina 46

Prayer
Lord, when I am hungry,
give me someone needing of food;
When I am thirsty,
send me someone needing a drink;
When I am cold,
send me someone to warm;
When I am grieved,
offer me some to console;
When my cross grows heavy,
let me share another's cross too;
When I am poor,
lend me to someone in need;
When I have not time,
give me someone I can help a little while;
When I am humiliated,
let me have someone to praise;
When I am disheartened,
send me someone to cheer;
When I need understanding,
give me someone who needs mine;
When I need to be looked after,
send me someone to care for;
When I think only of myself,
draw my thoughts to another.
Mother Theresa of Calcutta

Prayers of Intercession


O God of Grace, we thank you for bringing us here together today, people from different churches and countries, we thank you for the work of the World Council of Churches and other church organizations, the YMCA and YWCA , all with office in Geneva, we thank you for the many ecumenical and international agencies based in Geneva, especially the International Committee of the Red Cross, and the agencies of the United Nations. We ask for help to make time in our busy lives to nurture the spirituality which is a gift from you to each of us.
God of Grace,
Hear our prayer

O God of Peace, we pray for the peoples and churches of Brunei, Malaysia and Singapore. We thank you for those who struggle for human rights against great odds. We ask you to strengthen the people who are persecuted for their faith. Guide them through your paths of peace, justice and reconciliation.
Inspire political leaders with your Holy Spirit.
God of Peace,
Hear our prayer.

O God of Love, help us to be the voices of Your vision of hope and love. Help us to grow in our own faith, so as to be able to reach out in faith to others of faith, instead of condemning them or shutting them out because of our own small-mindedness, ignorance or fear
God in your love,
Hear our prayer

O God of Compassion, we ask you to open us to one another and to enable us to see that of God in each of our colleagues. Enable us to reach out to each other for support, break down barriers between us, help us to care for the vulnerable and sick, and to share with those in need.
God in your Compassion,
Hear our prayer

Lord our God,
Enlighten your church,
That wherever it may be,
It will never seek for its interests
But will only serve you faithfully.
Grant your church wisdom and courage,
That it may break down all boundaries,
So that humankind will become one again.
In Jesus’ name.

THE LORD'S PRAYER (each in your own language)

CLOSING PRAYER

Eternal God,
the sun never sets on the earth you created.
Grant to all your peoples, from east to west,
the light and life that are ever new in Christ.
From morning until evening let us praise you,
and in your presence do our work day by day,
through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord.
Amen.

0 Comments: