vendredi 20 juin 2008

Ecumenical prayers for Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina prepared by young ecumenists

Ecumenical Centre Prayers, Monday, June 23, 2008
This liturgy and prayers were put together by a group of young people working in the different ecumenical organisations in Geneva. During this week we will be praying for Paraguay, Urugauay and Argentina according to the ecumenical prayer cycle.

Welcome & Call to worship
Song, Cristo vive, fuera el Ilanto (Thuma Mina 281)
Prayer
God of all goodness,
You have been our refuge from generation to generation.
Your will is that peace should shine on all people everywhere.
With your spirit, guide the efforts of humankind
to bring peace and justice to the nations of the earth,
and give strength to rulers and all who work to establish peace and justice in the world.
Inspire those who come together in search of ways to bring about peace,
and through your word, change the hearts of all people so that we shall strive for:
Peace, and not war,
The Common Good, rather than individual wellbeing,
Your Justice, instead of our own glory.
You have given us your peace.
Enable us to share that peace with those around us,
so that love and harmony may be always present in our lives,
that all the world may know happiness,
that we may live with dignity as brothers and sisters,
and that all may rejoice in your presence.
United in diversity, we call upon your infinite grace,
humbly asking you to receive our prayer and make us instruments of your peace.
Amen.

Scripture readings
Psalm 69:13-18

13 But I pray to you, O LORD,
in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God,
answer me with your sure salvation.
14 Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters.
15 Do not let the floodwaters engulf me
or the depths swallow me up
or the pit close its mouth over me.
16 Answer me, O LORD, out of the goodness of your love;
in your great mercy turn to me.
17 Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in trouble.
18 Come near and rescue me; redeem me because of my enemies.

John 17:13-21
13"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. 20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Testimonies…

Intercessions (Song, La paz del Señor, Thuma Mina, 187)
As we pray this week in the ecumenical prayer cycle for the countries of Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay, we lift up in our hearts dear God…

The families and friends of those who were murdered or disappeared in Argentina and Uruguay including the mothers of the plaza de Mayo who through their resistance bring hope for justice and healing.

We pray for Guidance to those in the government of Paraguay as they work to remove corruption and bring justice to those who have abused power.

We pray that you may guide the people of Uruguay towards peaceful and democratic elections in 2009,

Dear God we pray for those who experience poverty and struggle for daily bread, who live without security, safety and shelter.

And for those who must live far from their families and home in order to make a living and provide for their families,

La paz del Señor, la paz del Señor,
la paz del Resucitado,
se hace presente a hora ya quí
apréstate recibirla.

We give thanks for the leadership and service to the churches of the people from these countries including former WCC general secretary, Emilio Castro. We thank you for the courageous church people who have worked and stood up for justice.

We thank you for the radiant nature of this region and that your creation continues to give life and beauty. Teach us to take care of your creation responsibly.

Oh God, You who are always with us, who will never quit us … teach us your peace and how to share it,

La paz del Señor, la paz del Señor,
la paz del Resucitado,
no puede vivir encerrada en si,
apréstate compartirla

Lord’s Prayer (said together each in our own language)

Blessing

Que la bendición del Dios de paz y justicia esté con nosotros
Que la bendición del Hijo que llora las lágrimas del mundo sufriente esté con nosotros
Y que la bendición del Espíritu que nos inspira la reconciliación y la esperanza esté con nosotros, ahora y siempre.
Amen

Closing Song, Seigneur, rassemble-nous (Agape, p.148 )
Verses 1- 3, 6,7 in English

0 Comments: